McKinney Divorce, Estate Planning & Family Lawyers Serving All of Collin County
Nordhaus & Nordhaus, PC is a full-service family and divorce law firm for all your estate planning and family needs. As a family-oriented law firm with strong ties to the North Texas community, our Collin County family lawyers, estate planning team, and probate lawyers have earned the trust and respect of clients throughout Texas. N&N strives to be truly comprehensive in our strategic thinking and problem solving. Whether you need a divorce lawyer or a simple will prepared, our McKinney family lawyers and estate planning attorneys are always prepared to go to work.
McKinney Family Lawyers and Estate Planning Attorneys You Can Trust, Answers You Can Build On
While some family-related legal issues require judicial intervention, in many cases, spouses, partners, parents, grandparents and other family members will be able to resolve their differences without needing to go to court. When going to court is necessary, in some cases (such as when seeking protection against domestic violence or an adult name change), with the right legal representation, the process can simply be a formality. In all cases, our McKinney family lawyers and estate planning attorneys focus on pursuing the most-efficient method of meeting our clients’ needs, and we work closely with our clients to understand any practical or family considerations that may impact the method of resolution.
- Out-of-Court Negotiation – Oftentimes, out-of-court negotiation will be the least contentions and most cost-effective method of resolving a family law or estate planning dispute. When going to court is not in anyone’s best interests, working together to craft an amicable solution can provide the certainty and closure that everyone needs to move on.
- Mediation – Mediation is a method of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) that allows disagreeing family members to come to terms without asking a judge to make decisions for them. With the assistance of a neutral mediator, the family members explore creative ways to resolve their differences out of court.
- Collaborative Law – Collaborative law is a method of dispute resolution that is unique to the family setting, and that can be highly effective for divorcing spouses and family members facing a wide range of other family law matters. Working under the structure of a binding commitment not to go to court, the disputing parties negotiate with the help of experts and advisors (such as social workers and accountants) to find a mutually-agreeable path forward.
- Litigation – When out-of-court methods fail, disputing family members can go to court to secure and enforce their legal rights. From obtaining property rights in a divorce to enforcing a former spouse or partner’s child support obligations, when necessary, litigation can be an effective method for obtaining the outcome you desire.
- Filings in Court – Certain types of estate and family law matters involve court filings, but will not necessarily involve contentious courtroom proceedings. From obtaining approval for a divorce settlement agreement to filing for a name change or disputing a will, whenever you need to go to court for a family law matter, it is best to have an experienced attorney by your side.
Why Choose Nordhaus and Nordhaus as Your Attorneys?
Innovative thinking is the key at N&N. When you look behind our doors you will find seasoned legal professionals with outstanding professional and academic credentials along with courtroom experience. Unlike other lawyers, our McKinney family attorneys and estate lawyers know how to get to the courtroom, what to do when they get there, and understand that it takes more than a briefcase and a law degree to practice law.
Because of the diversity of our practice, we maintain long-term relationships with our clients. It is the guiding principle of our firm to ensure that the true needs and concerns of our clients are understood, addressed and fulfilled as promptly and efficiently as possible. Such in-depth knowledge of our clients allows our McKinney lawyers to provide tailored advice and the highest quality of legal services.
For further information about our firm, please contact a McKinney family lawyer or estate planning attorney today.
Our family attorney has the ability and experience to handle all of your family law needs, from the detailed management of a complex marital property dispute to the sensitive advocacy needed in an emotionally charged child custody proceeding. Our Plano divorce attorneys have helped clients throughout North Texas. We represent clients in a full range of family law matters including divorce, child custody and child support.
Estate Planning is not a sideline practice for NN - it is one of the cornerstones of our practice. Effective planning is a process that goes far beyond the production of documents. A complete estate plan begins with a conversation about your personal goals and wishes, followed by a discussion of pertinent family matters and a detailed financial analysis. It does not end until the plan has been fully implemented, from signing documents to re-titling assets and updating beneficiary designations.
At Nordhaus & Nordhaus, PC, we have extensive experience representing personal representatives, heirs, beneficiaries and other interested parties in all aspects of probate administration in McKinney, TX. If you are preparing to go through probate, or if you have run into issues along the way, our probate attorneys can help you stand up for your loved one’s final wishes and enforce your legal rights