Providing Creative Solutions and Meticulous Preparation in all Areas of Law
McKinney Divorce Attorneys
At N&N, we understand that family law is an area of the law that is, for obvious reasons, intensely personal, and that clients involved in family law disputes need both personal and professional support through times that are highly emotional, but require calm and reasoned decision-making. Our family attorney has the ability and experience to handle all of your family law needs, from the detailed management of a complex marital property dispute to the sensitive advocacy needed in an emotionally charged child custody proceeding.
Understanding What to Expect in Your Divorce
Some of the other decisions involved in getting divorced relate to the procedures you will use to end your marriage. Many couples find that they are able to use non-adversarial methods – such as collaborative law and mediation – that can save time and money while avoiding the heated disputes that often lead to post-separation animosity. While these options have numerous benefits, they also involve an element of compromise; so it is important to fully understand the options available before deciding how to proceed with your divorce.
When you choose to work with us, we will help you understand and address all of the issues involved in getting divorced in Texas, including:
- The role of your prenuptial or postnuptial agreement
- Considering collaborative divorce and mediation as alternatives to litigation
- Dealing with Texas’ community property laws
- Addressing business ownership and other unique issues
- Addressing alimony, child support, child custody and visitation
At Nordhaus & Nordhaus, PC, we truly care about our clients. Our goal is to help you protect your rights and obtain a favorable divorce settlement that allows you to live comfortably and happily once your divorce is final.
What Do I Need to Do to Prepare for My Divorce?
When preparing for a divorce, there are a number of steps you need to take (and some mistakes you want to avoid) to get ready for the process. These include things like:
- Collecting your financial records
- Making a list of your personal property
- Staying in your marital home (except under certain circumstances)
- Avoiding significant purchases that are out of the norm
- Reviewing your estate plan
- Securing the asset you will need to cover the costs of your divorce
When you schedule your free consultation, we will go over everything you need to know in detail so that you can put yourself in the best position possible to protect your interests during your divorce. We do not expect you to know what to do – it is our job to make sure that you are fully informed and feel confident in both the process and outcome of your divorce.
Schedule Your Free Divorce Consultation with the Collin County Divorce Attorneys at Nordhaus & Nordhaus, PC
If you are preparing for a divorce in Texas, we invite you contact us for a free consultation. We are here to help. Call our offices at (214) 726-1450 or submit our online form to speak with an experienced divorce attorney today.
Our Collin County divorce attorneys have helped clients throughout North Texas, including McKinney and Allen. We represent clients in a full range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce Overview
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Child Support Modification
- Family Law
- Restraining Orders (Domestic Violence Deterrence)
- Protective Orders (Domestic Violence Prohibition)
- Paternity Testing
- Premarital Agreements
- Postmarital Agreements/Partition Agreements
- Adult Name Change
- Common Law Marriage Divorce
For further information, please contact us today to schedule a free initial legal consultation.